Location – Penticton , BC
Hourly Rate – Up to $30.40/hour depending on qualifications
Years of Experience – 5+ (consideration will be given to all candidates who have completed at least 3 years of an apprenticeship program)
Note: If you lack experience with pattern making, but have woodworking skills, and are eager to learn an exciting, new trade, consider applying. We have the ability to train the right individual.
Who You Are
You’ve always loved to work with your hands.
Whether it’s table saws, planers or lathes, you’re in your element. At the same time, you’re comfortable with computers and CAD software, and reviewing drawings is definitely in your wheelhouse. What differentiates you, however, is your ability to be truly self-motivated, while always keeping in mind the needs of your team.
You’ll fit in beautifully with your strong work ethic, and willingness to go the extra mile. Your woodworking skills and problem-solving abilities, coupled with a willingness to learn, will be prized here. Fundamentally, you’re as comfortable with a table saw as you are with a computer. Indeed, you’re gifted with all hand tools, and your expertise with wood cutting machines will be a valued asset.
You’ll use your woodworking talents to create patterns from scratch using the blue prints provided. These patterns are used in our state-of-the-art foundry to make no-bake sand moulds. All CNC-made patterns are currently purchased from our vendors, but much of the design work is done at Penticton Foundry, which is why CAD experience is valued.
You’ll repair damaged patterns.
You’ll modify patterns from drawings and models.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Preference given to a journeyman/woman woodworker, patternmaker or carpenter
- Self-motivated – takes the initiative
- Able to work autonomously
- Team minded – strong desire to help fellow team members and employees be successful
- Respectful and hard working
- CAD experience valued
- High level of proficiency with hand tools and woodworking machines, including table saws, band saws, lathes, planers and drill presses
- Able to read drawings
- New pattern construction
- Familiar with plastic (repro/urethane construction)
What We Offer
Penticton Foundry is a place where innovation meets hard work and determination. While other foundries have fallen by the wayside, Penticton Foundry has continued to flourish in large part because of its high quality and desire to innovate.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package and incentive bonuses
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Investment in our people and a learning environment
- Company events and supportive culture
- Opportunities for growth and development
Our foundry is in the outdoor-minded Okanagan Valley, BC, where your lifestyle is defined as much by your after-work interests, as it is by your career.
We invest in people like you – detail-oriented, self-motivated, with an ability to excel in a team environment.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, then apply today. Send a resume to email@example.com, or drop a resume off at Penticton Foundry (568 Dawson Avenue, Penticton BC). You can also use the Apply function on our website (located at the bottom of the job posting). Please make sure to indicate that you are applying for the Patternmaker role.