Location – Penticton, BC
Hourly Rate – $20.77 per hour with increases based on training and performance.
Experience Requirements – Previous experience working with tools; metal work is an asset.
Who You Are
You’ve always been reliable and hard-working. In fact, past managers have commented on these traits and your willingness to go the extra mile.
Our entry-level roles typically begin in the grinding room where your commitment to doing the job well the first time will be noted and appreciated. You can work well on your own, be a part of a team and commit to a safety-first approach.
You will ensure, through proper training and reading the “Foundry Shop Card” or “Work Order Traveler,” that every casting is cleaned (by grinding) to the specifications set forth by Penticton Foundry and its customers. You will pick out defective castings. You will palletize any castings that do not need to be inspected further.
Based on experience, you will offer suggestions on how to improve quality, safety and/or production. You’ll take care of all of the tools in your work-bay and make sure no one is abusing any of the equipment.
Crane and Forklift Work
You will drive the forklift in order to move or position castings. You will use the overhead crane to position and lift heavy castings.
You will use all types of grinding equipment in the cleaning room area (including, but not limited to, angle grinders, pedestal grinders, pencil grinders and cut off saws).
You will demonstrate a strong commitment to safety in every part of your job. You’ll be responsible for the safe use of all equipment used in the grinding/cleaning department. You’ll wear the mandatory safety gear.
- Be in good physical condition – able to stand for 90% of the shift
- Must be capable of routinely pushing up to 100 lbs. Some lifting is required.
- Work in a foundry environment with varying temperatures, dust and noise levels
- Excellent manual dexterity, eyesight and physical condition required
- Willing to work an afternoon or graveyard shift (premium paid)
- Drive a forklift and overhead crane (training will be provided)
- Use power tools
- Able to work individually, but as a team member as well
- Read and write basic English
- Have basic math skills – counting, simple addition and subtraction
- Work week is Monday to Friday with an opportunity for overtime
- Safety-oriented – Wear mandatory safety gear and adhere to prescribed safety practices
- Reliable, punctual and hard-working
What We Offer
Penticton Foundry is a place where innovation meets hard work and determination. While other foundries have fallen by the wayside, Penticton Foundry has continued to flourish in large part because of its high quality and desire to innovate.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package and incentive bonuses
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Investment in our people and a learning environment
- Company events and supportive culture
- Opportunities for growth and development
Our foundry is in the outdoor-minded Okanagan Valley, BC, where your lifestyle is defined as much by your after-work interests, as it is by your career.
We are interested in what you bring to the table – your ability to continuously learn and improve, your pride in your job and how motivated you are. We invest in people like you.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you then apply today. Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop a resume off at Penticton Foundry (568 Dawson Avenue, Penticton BC). Please make sure to indicate that you are applying to the General Labourer role.