Location – Penticton, BC
Hourly Rate – $21.52 per hour
Experience Requirements – Previous experience working in manufacturing preferred
Who You Are
You’ve always been reliable and hard-working. In fact, past managers have commented on these traits and your willingness to go the extra mile.
Your experience as an equipment operator will be an asset, as will the fact that you are team-minded. You have a safety-first approach, thrive in a manufacturing environment, and learn new skills quickly.
We invest in our people, and so are looking for individuals, like you, who want a career in manufacturing.
You’ll ensure, through proper training and reading the “Foundry Shop Cards” or “Standard Operating Procedures,” that your tasks are performed to specific standards. You’ll work to prevent defective castings in an efficient and safe manner.
You’ll offer suggestions on how to improve quality, safety and/or production. You’ll take care of all tools and equipment in your work area.
Crane and Forklift Work
You’ll drive a forklift, and use overhead cranes to move/position heavy castings and equipment.
You’ll be trained to use all types of production equipment.
You’ll demonstrate a strong commitment to safety in every part of your job. You’ll be responsible for the safe use of all equipment in your department. You’ll wear the mandatory safety gear.
- Be in good physical condition – able to stand for 90% of the shift
- Must be capable of routinely pushing up to 100 lbs. Some lifting is required.
- Work in a foundry environment with varying temperatures, dust and noise levels
- Excellent manual dexterity, eyesight and physical condition required
- Willing to work an afternoon or graveyard shift (premium paid)
- Drive a forklift and overhead crane (training will be provided)
- Use power tools
- Able to work independently, but as a team member as well
- Read and write basic English and have basic math skills
- Work week is Monday to Friday, with an opportunity for overtime
- Safety-oriented – Wear mandatory safety gear and adhere to prescribed safety practices
- Reliable, punctual and hard-working
What We Offer
Penticton Foundry is a place where innovation meets hard work and determination. While other foundries have fallen by the wayside, Penticton Foundry has continued to flourish in large part because of its high quality and desire to innovate. We invest in our people, have a learning culture and offer a competitive compensation package, including extended health benefits, life insurance and incentive bonuses.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package and incentive bonuses
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Investment in our people, and a learning environment
- Company events and a supportive culture
- Opportunities for growth and development
Our foundry is in the outdoor-minded Okanagan Valley, BC, where your lifestyle is defined as much by your after-work interests, as it is by your career.
We are interested in what you bring to the table – your ability to continuously learn and improve, your pride in your job and how motivated you are. We invest in people like you.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, then apply today. Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop a resume off at Penticton Foundry (568 Dawson Avenue, Penticton BC). You can also use the Apply function on our website (located at the bottom of the job posting). Please make sure to indicate that you are applying for the Production Worker role.