Location – Penticton, BC
Education – Bachelor Degree or Technologist Diploma in Engineering (e.g. Mechanical or Metallurgy or other), or related technical knowledge plus industry experience
Experience – 5+ years related experience
Compensation – Base plus generous bonus
Who You Are
You’re a natural relationship builder, who understands that selling is really about providing solutions for your customers.
You have a gift for sourcing new business, and ensuring that your existing customers’ needs are met. Your strong technical knowledge, attention to detail and enthusiasm make you stand out from your peers.
You’ll join a team that prides itself on new developments in many different industries. It’s a “think outside of the box” culture, which has innovation as its cornerstone.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Identifying opportunities & potential industries for growth
- Evaluating incoming requests for quotes
- Providing cost estimates for casting production
- Building long-term relationships with customers and suppliers
- Simultaneously managing projects in a fast-paced environment from inquiry through delivery to ensure reliability of product and service
- Providing technical expertise and commercial information to customers
- Successfully collaborating with the other Sales team members to further grow Penticton Foundry
- Ideally have a Bachelor’s Degree or Technologist Diploma in Engineering, or bring related technical knowledge combined with hands-on industry experience
- Basic knowledge of metal casting principles, foundry practices, solidification characteristics and heat treat methodology (asset, not a must have)
- Some metallurgical knowledge of steel and iron is an asset
- A critical skill is the ability to read blueprints/engineering drawings
- Collaborative and team-focused
- Strong relationship building skills
- Can solve complex challenges
- Willing and able to travel across North America
- Winning mentality
What We Offer
Penticton Foundry is a place where innovation meets hard work and determination. While other foundries have fallen by the wayside, Penticton Foundry has continued to flourish in large part because of its high quality and desire to innovate.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package and incentive bonuses
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Investment in our people, and a learning environment
- Company events and a supportive culture
- Opportunities for growth and development
Our foundry is in the outdoor-minded Okanagan Valley, BC, where your lifestyle is defined as much by your after-work interests, as it is by your career.
We invest in people like you – strong relationship builders, who are solutions-focused and excel in a team environment.
How To Apply
If this sounds like you, then apply today. Send a resume to email@example.com, or drop a resume off at Penticton Foundry (568 Dawson Avenue, Penticton BC). You can also use the Apply function on our website (located at the bottom of the job posting). Please make sure to indicate that you are applying for the Technical Sales Representative role.