High Chrome White Iron Nut Sleeve Outlasts Alloy Steel 6 Times
ASTM A532 and Mining Crusher Wear Parts
There are a number of reasons why high chrome white iron offers superior abrasion resistance. It outperforms AR 400, chromium carbide overlay and steel in a variety of wear applications. Read about how Penticton Foundry solved a Canadian mine’s wear challenge.
The largest copper mine in Canada approached Penticton Foundry to solve a wear problem with a secondary crusher nut sleeve. The original part was an OEM alloy steel which needed to be changed out 8.67 times per year. With 2 crushers in operation this had become quite costly for the mine.
Penticton Foundry designed a chrome white iron nut sleeve to replace the OEM alloy steel part.
- The copper mine’s original goal was to extend wear life by 3x.
- Penticton Foundry’s chrome white iron solution extended wear life by 6x.
- Change out intervals went from 8.67 times per year with the OEM alloy steel part to 1.44 times per year.
- In addition, the actual cost of the chrome white iron nut sleeve was less than the original OEM alloy steel part.
- This means that the mine recognized significant cost savings overall – fewer change outs and a less expensive part